Directions for Donald Trump’s Biography
Step 1: Listen to the Donald Trump Biography and take notes.
Step 2: Read the biography if desired to check your notes or learn more.
Step 3: Answer 10 questions and check your answers based on the biography.
Step 4: Find the next biography to make practice more.
By following these steps, you can improve your English skills while learning about famous people’s biographies.
Step 1: Listen and take notes
Please push the play button on the audio player and listen to Donald Trump’s Biography. When you listen to this audio please take notes on a piece of paper.
Step 2: Read Donald Trump’s Biography
Donald John Trump was born on June 14, 1946, in Queens, New York. He is the son of Fred and Mary Trump. Fred was a real estate developer who built and sold affordable housing in Brooklyn and Queens. Mary was a homemaker and helped with her husband’s business.
Donald Trump attended the private Kew-Forest School in Forest Hills, New York. In 1964, he enrolled at Fordham University in the Bronx. After two years, he transferred to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He graduated with a degree in economics in 1968.
What is Donald John Trump’s education?
Donald John Trump attended several educational institutions throughout his life. Here is an overview of his education:
- Kew-Forest School: Trump attended this private school in Queens, New York, from kindergarten through seventh grade.
- New York Military Academy (NYMA): Trump’s parents enrolled him in NYMA, a private boarding school in Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York, for high school. He graduated from NYMA in 1964.
- Fordham University: After completing high school, Trump initially attended Fordham University in the Bronx, New York. He studied there for two years, from 1964 to 1966, before transferring to another institution.
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania: In 1966, Trump transferred to the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, one of the top business schools in the United States. He graduated in 1968 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics.
It’s worth noting that Trump’s educational background has been a subject of discussion and scrutiny. While he attended reputable educational institutions, some critics have questioned his academic achievements and the extent of his involvement in his studies.
Overall, Donald Trump’s formal education includes attending the Kew-Forest School, New York Military Academy, Fordham University, and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
What are Donald John Trump’s business life milestones?
Donald John Trump has had a diverse and eventful business career. Here are some of his major milestones:
- Real Estate Development:
- Early Ventures: In the 1970s, Trump started his real estate career by taking over his father’s real estate business and expanding it.
- Trump Tower: One of his notable early successes was the construction of Trump Tower in Manhattan, completed in 1983, which became a prominent landmark and luxury residential-commercial complex.
- Atlantic City Casinos: In the 1980s, Trump ventured into the casino industry in Atlantic City, New Jersey, opening Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino, Trump Marina Hotel and Casino, and Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort.
- The Trump Organization:
- Expanding the Brand: Trump expanded his business empire under The Trump Organization, which encompasses various ventures, including real estate, hospitality, entertainment, and branding.
- Trump Hotels and Resorts: Trump expanded his presence in the luxury hotel industry, developing and acquiring properties worldwide, including Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago and Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Golf Courses and Resorts: Trump acquired and developed numerous golf courses and resorts, including Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, and Trump Turnberry in Scotland.
- Reality TV and Entertainment:
- “The Apprentice”: Trump gained further popularity and visibility through his role as the host and executive producer of the reality TV show “The Apprentice” (2004-2015), which showcased his business acumen and leadership skills.
- Presidential Campaign and Presidency:
- Presidential Campaign: In 2016, Trump ran a successful presidential campaign as the Republican Party candidate and won the presidential election, becoming the 45th President of the United States.
- Policies and Controversies: Trump’s presidency was marked by various policies, controversies, and geopolitical events, including tax reforms, trade disputes, immigration policies, and foreign policy decisions.
It’s important to note that the above milestones provide a summary of significant moments in Donald Trump’s business life and are not an exhaustive list. Trump’s business career has been multifaceted and has involved a wide range of industries and ventures.
Trump began his career at his father’s company. He worked there for five years, before leaving to pursue his own projects. He founded The Trump Organization, which today includes hotels, resorts, residential towers, and golf courses.
Trump has also starred in and produced television shows, including “The Apprentice” and “Celebrity Apprentice.”
He has written several books, including “The Art of the Deal” and “The America We Deserve.”
What is Donald John Trump’s investment philosophy?
Donald John Trump’s investment philosophy is characterized by several key principles and strategies. While he has not explicitly laid out a comprehensive investment philosophy, his approach to investments can be inferred from his business practices and public statements. Here are some elements that reflect Trump’s investment philosophy:
- Real Estate Focus: Trump has primarily focused on real estate investments throughout his career. He believes in the value of real estate assets, considering them as tangible and appreciating assets over time.
- Long-Term Investment Strategy: Trump often takes a long-term approach to investments, seeking to acquire properties or businesses that he believes have the potential for long-term growth and profitability. He has demonstrated a willingness to hold onto assets for extended periods, benefiting from market cycles and value appreciation.
- Value-Based Investing: Trump has expressed an affinity for investing in undervalued properties or distressed assets, seeing potential in turnaround opportunities. He has capitalized on buying assets at discounted prices, making improvements, and increasing their value.
- Branding and Marketing: Trump has emphasized the importance of branding and marketing in his investment strategy. He has utilized his personal brand extensively to attract attention, drive sales, and increase the value of his properties and businesses.
- Negotiation Skills: Trump is known for his negotiation skills and deal-making abilities. He seeks favorable terms and conditions in his investment ventures, aiming to maximize returns and minimize risks.
- Risk-Taking and Confidence: Trump has been willing to take calculated risks in his investments, often trusting his instincts and confidence in his abilities. He has taken on ambitious projects and has been willing to make bold decisions.
It’s important to note that investment strategies and philosophies can vary depending on personal circumstances, market conditions, and individual preferences. While the above points reflect some aspects of Trump’s investment approach, it’s essential to consider that investment philosophies may evolve and adapt over time based on experiences and changing circumstances.
In 2015, Trump announced his candidacy for president of the United States. Donald Trump won the Republican nomination and eventually the election, becoming the 45th president of the United States on January 20, 2017.
Step 3: Answer Questions about Donald Trump’s Biography